Top Topics

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sewing attempt

I just attempted to sew at bedtime after a many month crafting hiatus. 

Turns out I can sew much straighter with more sleep on board. Also no red wine was involved in the crafting session tonight, which may also help! 

I'm working on aprons for Owens teachers. They were supposed to be xmas gifts and I never made them. Owen missed his xmas party due to a cold so I didn't even stress about it. But I really want to thank them for giving him such. Great care and helping us out of our bubble. 

Well it was fun but short lived. Ara just woke and I'm rocking her typing away. A cold and multiple molars coming in kinda stinks for her this week. 

I will resume crafting tomorrow night. My dad and I were talking today about our desires to create things and cook.... About how we can forget the work involved (his was his tamale project he took on today), or become over zealous (usually me, making everything from scratch then running out of dishes and creating a monstrous mess!). 

But it's what we do, we will keep doing, and enjoying. Mess making, tamale steaming, sewing pins in the food pantry for months, and homemade messes and granola. 

The kitchen or garden is where I'd like to be. Although I don't know too many people who would say they love the laundry room or guest bath~ I really do LOVE to make things from scratch or grow food from seed. 

1 comment:

Heidi Ann said...

You'll get your aprons done, I know it.
Happy Mother's Day, Chelsea!