Top Topics

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Wonderland

So there really isn't a winter here. My poor cousins in TN and NY have had the nastiest weather recently and we are just hanging out outside everyday..... It has been the best winter! I know we need the rain but I am not going to feel guilty as that doesn't make the rain come.

We have spent more time on the prop this winter than ever before. Ara doesn't really nap, she can run all over the acreage, and we have added some fun activities to the yard. It really is a wonderland for kids and adults alike!

Mossy beauty

 miners lettuce and fungus
 My besties on the tire swing
 What a weirdo. Totally posing inappropriately AND putting a stick in her mouth. She is something!
 Asparagus looking tasty
 Pow Pow Power wheels
 Mud mountain
 Dirt for dayssssss
 Dumping dirt for daysssssss
 A pose of my sweet boy
 Almond tree getting some blooms
 puddle jumping
 She would wade in then jump
 This guy was soaked...
 She wants to do whatever O is doing
 THESE BABES!
 Lots of protest when we need to go back up to the house.
 For kids, even playing on an empty trailer is fun!
 Feeding fudgy
 Worm digging
 EWWW. Dipping a figurine into mud and then licking it... Fondue style. I had my camera out so I did capture this and simultaneously slap the man from her hand, and wipe her mouth out with my sleeve. She has probably eaten a lot of dirt. I did read a very convincing study that kids raised on farms had a healthier gut microbiome than city kids and this is exactly why. I think it was referring to accidental ingestion and exposure, not blatantly including dirt as a food group.

I think this balances out all the hand washing and sanitizer, right/??
 Stomp rocket!
 Mud mountain
 Yep the kid is on a dirt bike! Chris's friend has a son a few years older than Owen and we are getting his old toys. (the power wheels was his as well). It has been really great to see his confidence boost on the bike. Now we gotta get him pedaling on a real bike, he still prefers the tricycle....
 Why not include a property shot of myself? My best gal pal gave me the headwrap for Christmas and I wear it all the time on the prop.
 Nature lovers
 She likes it better when it's turned off.
 Safety first
yup. We love the country life. and we pray for rain but enjoy the sun and preserve water where we can.

2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, Chelsea - those kiddos of yours are so darned cute, I almost can't stand it!!
I need to get back over there and come and see them again!

Jenna E said...

Sooooo much outdoor fun!!