Top Topics

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Something the Lord Made

We have been enjoying the springy winter we are having so much that I haven't sat at the big computer in almost a week. It has also been a dry week or two for work so I am enjoying my break from typing at times.

We have spent more time in the field this winter than ever before! I think it is Chris's mission to make our property the destination kid yard... Or grown kid (Chris) yard. More on that later, and many many photos to follow.

Chris and I watch series of shows on netflix or amazon more than half of our nights together. We just finished up True Blood, which had horrible acting but great suspenseful writing and episode cliffhangers that just wouldn't do if we were watching the episodes real time. Luckily we could select another episode quickly if time allowed. Through most of this show we were all sleeping poorly. I was burning sage every other day and praying to all the gods to give us a break in the sleep department. Ara has improved slowly. For the last 2 weeks she has skipped the middle of the night wake up (between 11-2) more than she has woke. THIS IS BIG, people!

So in the evenings when we decide to watch something we are exploring other options, movies, etc.

Last night we watched a movie that I have been wanting to see for years and ironically we even own and I haven't opened it yet. It was called "Something the Lord Made" and it was filmed in 2004. It stars Alan Rickman and Mos Def. We identified with it so much as it was about the history of cardiac surgery. The particular surgery that the whole movie was about was Owen's first heart surgery!! (The BTT shunt). I can say with certainty that you will enjoy it and learn something new. WOW! I was balling at the end.

I would really like to summarize it for you but I think it may be better going into it with less information. But it is about cardiac surgery, racial discrimination, friendship, and living the good life! What more could you ask for? Watch it, please! Let me know if you do. Any person who has had cardiac surgery needs to see this.

End of tangent. Off to relax...

No comments: