Top Topics

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mild Winter

As the East coast is getting hammered, we are having such a mild winter. There really isn't much to do but enjoy the beauty and pray for rain. 
 It sure is nice for adventuring. We frequent a nearby orchard once a week to stock up on fruit and run around. The kids and I love the grounds, there is a large fenced in grass area, and never anyone else there! We have the whole place to ourselves and the peacocks. These bulbs were pushing through last week.
 We went on a nest hunt and found 3 on the property. I didn't have my big camera that day but my phone did pretty well. This was about a foot wide!
 My daphne is now blooming, this was last week's promise. It's sweet smell is intoxicating! I better stock the bathroom up with a bouquet;).
 Our hill the other night had a spectacular orange sunset. The photo doesn't do it justice but I love it nonetheless.
 This tree is just up from "mud mountain" on the property. The other side has a knot in the roots where a little squirrel must live. This live oak is one of my favorites.
 Our garden skeleton from 2 years ago. It screams potential but we are concerned about the drought and water rationing. The smaller nap garden by the house is easier to manage, water, etc, but doesn't produce the volume that we enjoy that prevented us from buying most produce from May-October! I'm craving that but debating if it is the best way to garden this year...
 2 days ago the high was 73. It felt as warm as this photo looks. Snapped this shot on a walk around our hill that day.
Spring like volunteers coming up... Looking so happy and ready for spring... BUT IT'S JANUARY! Enjoy the beauty and Pray for Rain, that's all we can do!

No comments: