Top Topics

Monday, March 25, 2013

So long, Kaiser!

I am sad to report (but a little happy too) that my last day at kaiser was yesterday. After 4 years, 3 positions, and on-call work we decided it would be best for our family to move on from that position.

I truly loved working for kaiser. I learned so very much, made some great friends and contacts, and gained invaluable experience. The nature of the on call job with a kid who doesn't go to day care is quite challenging. Increasingly I felt like I was letting the staff down when I couldn't find a sitter the day of. That stress just wasn't good for me, and I had also recently started another job locally. Can't beat a 20 minute commute of all prescheduled days.

I will miss working in the hospital, it was so neat to just show up and use a portion of my brain in a specific way, and then turn it off again until my next shift. Hopefully my current job will keep those skills up on some level.

Here's to keeping it local and reigning it in as well!

No comments: