Top Topics

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Seeds have been ordered!

I didn't order as many seeds as the last few years, as I'm **trying to cut back on the amount of seeds that hit the dirt around here. Of all things to try to restrain it is actually hard to do!
 The zinnias were such a success last year and being the first year I had harvested quite a volume of flowers I wanted to do that again this year. And more! I only ordered 10 seed packets, and half were zinnias.
 The Green Envy Zinnia from Baker Creek Heirloom seeds is quite pretty. They last for a week in a vase changing the water every day. Last season I planted 2 seed packets and had a bouquet like the one below every other day from June-October!
Can't wait to see what the zinnias will do this year! I also ordered the same clemson spineless okra as last year, the royal purple carrots, and the early wonder beets.

1 comment:

Winn Family said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the results! The boys have grown increasingly interested in "gardening" this year, though I use that term incredibly loosely as their definition of "gardening" is to use their dump trucks to throw dirt all over the garden. Same concept though, right? Lol!