Top Topics

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Home sweet home

We made it home in record time. Left SF around 530 and were home, with Doggie Blue, around 830. Carpool lane (a-thank you, Owen!), and the weather cooperating! I sat in the back with Owen for the first leg, and then Chris sat there for the rest of the way. We enjoyed our drive home listening to some tunes from my friend Ty. We also had some random comfort food... Organic pop tarts, sunflower seeds, and beef jerky... We had weird meals all day due to the inability to plan time-wise when we were going to eat. The cafeteria was being remodeled the whole time we were there last time, and it was done. We ate linner before we left but something about being on the road after a looong day gets the munchies a going.

Owen was glad to be home, he didn't even wake up when we turned the car off. This allowed us to unload his pump, bed, and other supplies before waking him. He slept very well, woke up around 2 and then slept until 7!

It has been a great stormy lazy pajama day today. We are just decompressing a bit. I made a pot of beans and some homemade bread (a first! I've had my kitchenaid for about 10 years now, and hadn't used the dough hook... until now!) Owen is asleep and Chris and I are going to continue our sabbath here.

I wanted to make a short addendum to Owen's story in the cath lab. We were still laughing at our little stoned Owen as we walked into the cath lab. There was a pause and then a familiar song started... "In my mind, I'm going to Carolina..." Oh yes, James Taylor came on the overhead radio!! If you know me a little bit you know I am a crazy fan! The team took a minute or two to get us settled and then someone said that they would turn off the music. We asked them not to, because Owen is a JT fan as well. It couldn't have been a better send off!

Thank you all so much for all of your energy, thoughts, and love. It is so helpful to have such an amazing support system. I wish I could say that we wouldn't need to rely on it, but it helps us in so many ways. Words cannot say how much the emails, comments, facebook "likes", calls, texts, and energy out there ROCK! We are soooo blessed with Owen, and with all of our family and friends. Much love from HOME!
Chels


2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I hope you can have another relaxing day today, as well.
Love that part about James Taylor.

Rudy said...

Welcome back! I love your stories and Chris is an amazing writer. Glad to hear Owen's cath went well. You two are impressive and inspiring. Love to your little family!