Top Topics

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Trip to Dad's and Stanford

Jac and I made a quick get-otta-dodge trip down to visit dad and see my friend Carolyn post transplant surgery at Stanford hospital. It was a bonus weekend because Aunt Lori was also staying at Dad's Chateau for some continuing education (she's a PA) in the Area. We had a delicious dinner cooked by dad, and watched the cute movie, August Rush.
The next day we went up for a hike around the big dish.
I love going up there, I always learn something new and see something different from the view.
Carolyn got the call for her 6/6 match kindney and shared the news with me at 3:30am! I was so excited I could barely go back to sleep. She has been on Dialysis since Christmas time, and this was her 3rd kidney transplant. (She had a congenital defect in her kidneys)
Jayme met us at the hospital and we had some good times walking the halls at Stanford. Carolyn is doing AMAZINGLY now, and she is going to start back at the internship very soon.

No comments: