Top Topics

Saturday, November 10, 2007

James Taylor Concert, November 8

For those of you who do not know, James Taylor is my absolute favorite singer and songwriter. He was actually coming to Sacramento this tour, so I jumped on the tickets. He usually comes to the bay area. This was to be my fourth time seeing him, so I was so excited. Before I get into this, I have to come clean. I perform an illegal activity that I just can't shake. I sneak my camera into his concerts. Ok, my confession is out! We had 7th row seats, on the ground floor. After James suggested a 20 minute intermission where they would go backstage and think about what they've done, he started to sign autographs. The stage seemed kinda far away, so I just watched. After a minute, Chris said "What are you doing? Go up there and go for it!!" With a nudge like that, I did, and I was able to worm my way slowly up to James.

This is him, signing my ticket! He was so happy to do it! I got to shake his hand and talk to him, and get an autographed ticket! Can you believe it!!?? He asked how I was, and I said great! I said that it was great to meet him, and thanked him so much for signing my ticket. I told him to go take a break. He was doing all of this on his intermission time. I was in SHOCK and I felt like those teenage girls who were going crazy for the beatles back in the day. But I kept my cool and kept those crazy emotions inside.
Me and my ticket! I have to find out how to keep it in primo shape. What a neat experience! Thanks to Chris for that extra push in the right direction!




No comments: