Top Topics

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Homebound

Apparently I started this post in March... I just went to start a new one and saw this draft. Opened it. Nothing there. Shocker!

The last few months have not been quiet. They have not been boring. There has been less early mornings up and at 'em, but there's not been a shortage of to-do's. The kids, the farm, and the remodel have kept life interesting during this odd state of the world. We have added on two rooms in the back, and expanded our master bathroom and closet (still in the process 3 months later....)

Thankfully, the initial anxiety that overtook the ER staffs in our area has dissipated... It may rise again, but after a few weeks of not having similar issues like NY or Italy, Chris was able to breath a little deeper. He has not had a shortage of shifts, and has been working extra as my job with Marshall stopped.  

The kids have been truly okay. They miss school, their friends, and seeing other kids regularly. Every now and then Ara will say "I want to NOT see Owen for days, Mom". He gets annoyed that she knows exactly how to push his buttons, and she DOES. But mostly they get along okay. 

Other than not seeing people, and not going to baseball or work, life hasn't been too different for us. I have been using Instacart grocery delivery system for almost a year now, and I confess... I haven't been in a grocery store since March 18th... I can't believe it. It's not that I feel that it's such a risk anymore, but I have this membership in place to provide the exact service that I need, so I have just been using it for more than just my costco runs. I also shop with farm fresh to you (veggie/farm box), imperfect foods (veggie/farm box), and thrive market. So, there is still a flow of food coming in even though I am not parading around the stores... It is a total record for me. And also kinda nice. I fear I will become more lazy out of this pandemic... anyone else?

On another note, we took over payments for a peleton bike and have been LOVING it. 2 months in and I have been spinning 20/30 days the first month and 19/27 days this month. It is addicting and may just replace my gym membership whenever gyms re-open.

Ok, that's all for now. I have 23985 photos as usual of life. Hope you are well!

1 comment:

Rissa said...

I love your sweet family. I was looking for a recipe in my favorites folder and your link was there. Nice to check in and see. <3 <3