Top Topics

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Summer Garden

Oh this is my happy place! A good day yields many visits here.
Good thing it is just outside our door.


 This is called a banana squash. I harvested it when it was a foot long. It is almost a cross between a yellow summer squash and a butternut squash. I roasted it and even ate the seeds-yum!



 We had a pretty good melon harvest. I have started to wrap the melons in cloth/rags, however, as critters have been gnawing at them. It has helped but instead of seeing sweet melons growing you see sweet melons wrapped in an old t-shirt.





 Cucumber Baby with my baby!


 Owen is my basil eater, and Ara will munch her weight in cherry tomatoes.
 Our apple tree lost a branch this year and we harvested a bunch of small apples for smoothies.






 Every year I look forward to selling my flowers at the school's farmer's market!

No comments: