Top Topics

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

King Fire

I think I have written a couple blog posts in my head/sleep but nothing has come to fruition on the actual blog! If you are from around here, the King Fire is the big news these days, and sadly it is still burning. Here are some photos that I have taken. I have borrowed some off of facebook, not sure how that works for any copyright issues, but I will not take credit. So many people have shared amazing photos, our community is pretty amazing.

The Fire burns on over 8 days, now. The drought and steep terrain as well as a lot of pine has made for quite a disaster. Over 5,000 personnel are working on the first, and there does seem to have been a little improvement overnight, sounds like a slight increase of containment.


 View from EDH day 1
 View from Rescue Day 1
 Plume View from home

 Sunrise from home
Smokey morning
 Plume View from Bowens
 5 day later Plume view from home
 Wind change, plume barely visible from behind Sutter's Mill school
 Many planes flying overhead.
 On the half hour most days
 I can't take credit for this photo, this is from Lake Tahoe, unknown photog
I believe this was taken by a friend, Ray Pledger. 

Many friends have been evacuated but a few have been able to return to their smoky but intact homes. The firefighters continue to work night and day to get a handle on this beast of a fire.

1 comment:

Heidi Ann said...

The fire is so awful. This was an interesting post, Chelsea. The pictures certainly do tell a story. I don't know what else to say about this subject except for that I continue to hope that they can get a handle on it.