Top Topics

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bodega birthday

After our camping trip last month we decided to go again. We musta been delirious as Ara barely slept that trip... But we gotta keep doing things!

The drive to bodega took quite a while... About 4 hrs with a quick pit stop in Vallejo. Chris's solution at one point was to jokingly put on his ear protection, ha!
We had hoped to drop the trailer off, then head to visit Evan and his parents in Santa Rosa. This was a special treat for our camping trip! And it kept taking a bit longer, we were getting more excited to see them. I thought I knew my directions and ended up steering us off course... 20 minutes... Out & 20 minutes back. Darn!!  

We made it though, and enjoyed checking out their home and of course catching up with our sweet friends. 
O and Evan picked up like no time had passed. 
Evan is doing so well, cancer free! He has some side effects from his treatment but he is really thriving!
Kiddos hanging around the trailer.
Our camp spot for the first 2 nights on the marina. Forgot wood!
Forgot cream too, but there was a coffee house a 20 minute walk away. The only thing I can walk to in 20 minutes around home is the mailbox so I was sure glad I forgot the cream! 
Seal & seagull watching 
Lookin like home!
Beach time

Happy sand face
Jogging buddy- enjoyed a great 4 miler with my girl on my birthday!
Sweeties
Succulent collection off of the roadhouse coffee shop

Cup o tea or coffee ya really can't go wrong!
More beautiful succulents out front of a walkable restaurant. We really debated ordering to go as the menu was right up our alley_- corn soup, heirloom tomato salad, fresh fish for me, and locally raised chicken for Chris... But I was somehow organized and cooked and froze 3 meals for us to enjoy. I didn't want to be chopping and washing the whole time. It really turned out nicely and I'm going to do it again if possible. And we will go out to dinner just us sometime soon:). 

The birds cafe was new(er). Great patio and view of the bay and our camp site.
I thought worker bees never rested?
Pier walk
Sleep at night girl then you wouldn't catnap through the day... Actually I thought she was growing out of falling asleep on me so I was tickled she did a few times on the trip!
The train! My gal pal Joy gave it to O for his first birthday and he still loves it! Ara is taking off on it all over the place! 
In order to stay our 3rd nite we needed to move spots. This one was awesome too! Can't beat 45$/ nite for on the water. 
We bought wood and had a nice campfire with popcorn, vino, and sunflower seeds. 
O was waiting for the surprise... Popcorn!
Such a happy kid. My wish was for sleep this year- I was greedy and wished for 10-8am. Ara slept 9-12 then 1230-530 then into 830!! She had a great time playing with Evan too and musta been tuckered out!

Of course the sleep wish is silly. But it was so nice! It was one of the few time ever I was out of bed before her!

So blessed to have my sweet fam together to celebrate getting a little older. I'm loving having the trailer, it's some work but a lot to gain. Chris and I were in bed around 930 at night each night, half because we were tired and half because Owen was alseep on one end of the trailer and ara was on the opposite end. We would whisper our conversations on the bench in the middle of the trailer. Kinda romantic;).

Cheers to 31!


















No comments: