Top Topics

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trip to So Cal

Mama had another getaway... I can't believe it! I went down to the Los Angeles area to visit my old friend Shannon. I haven't seen her since right after she had her first kiddo. We have kept in good touch, chatting on the phone every week or two. We were pregnant together and we would compare weight gain, growth, etc. It was such a blast to catch up.
 Meet Brooklyn, 4 days older than Owen.

Here Is Brooklyn, 2 and Anaya, 5,

I also had plans to see another friend get married. It was a busy weekend. On the way there we saw a pretty impressive show on the opposite side of the freeway. We were grateful that our side stayed open, and it seemed to be pretty well contained. 



 Mama's are ready to go to the Hilton in Universal City.
 Lacey and I did our RD internship together. We bonded and spent a lot of time together that year. I've missed her so, and we have kept in touch via snail mail, calls, and facebook. I was honored to be a part of her wedding. It was a beautiful traditional (I'm pretty sure..) Jewish wedding. I know it was a Jewish wedding, but as far as traditional, ??? I have never been to anything like it before, it was quite awesome!
 Pretty!
 Under the Chuppah
 Lacey and Alon had such a fun time up there, even with the tears.
 Gorgeous!
 The night was so fun, I think a traditional American wedding could stand to improve a bit... Once the couple was announced for the reception, we all went straight to the dance floor and danced together. Talk about high energy! The live band was fantastic, and played an eclectic mix of traditional songs and 70's funk. We danced a few songs around the couple, then went to our seats for the salad. Then, off to photo booth or dancing for a few more songs. Then dinner. I loved the pace of this, it was unique and unexpected for us. Thanks to Shannon and Marvin for picking me up/taking me to the airport, letting me stay at your home, and for being my date (Shannon!). I had a blast!
Lacey was stunning of course. The wedding was wonderful, truly fun and beautiful. I can't wait to hear about Thailand and see you again soon!!

No comments: