Top Topics

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Progression

Well I am delighted to announce that we haven't been using Owens g-tube for about a month now... He has progressed with his meals to amount to ~75% of what he "needs" every day. We felt that by giving him the extra 25% it would hinder his progress. We are seeing how his weight does, and how his aversions improve. So far so good, gaining slowly and trying new tastes here and there. We flush his tube once a day with water to keep it open, and he even told me "mama, I'm hungry" the other day. A first! Realizing what hunger is is HUGE for this kid! I haven't told his team yet, I feel a like I don't want to jinx it... He is doing great!

This photo below was about 2 years ago, when he was just taking a few mls of breastmilk or nothing at all... Whoooeee!!!

No comments: