Top Topics

Friday, February 10, 2012

Craftiness

     There are so many outlets for creativity these days. Pinterest alone is giving people the courage to get creative! I get crafty from time to time, and have thought of putting the photos together into their own blog, but the catch-all blog is more my style! Here are some old and new crafties, probably over the last 5 years.

 Baby quilt for Shannon's first little girl.


 Reversible apron.
 Plum goodness
 Frozen romas
 Tons o tomato sauce
 Pear gorgonzola tart
 Signed quilt for Owen-beginning stages
 Scarecrow with the kids
 Edible arrangements for Jac's shower.
 Advent calendar for Xmas presents.

 Reversible apron.
 Quilt for Gram- before
 And after!
 Stepping stones with Tracy.
 Using wine barrel rings for molds.




 More recently, homemade crackers for Owen.
 Christmas goodies with dehydrated oranges.
 My baking helper.
 Hair pieces made with Penny's instruction for Jac's wedding.
 Jamie's shower table decorations.
 Chris made this chalkboard for Jamie and Eric for their wedding present.
 Garlic sprouting up out of the old trough.
Made a few wreaths this year from burlap and dehydrated oranges.
In pulling these photos together, I realized that there were quite a few times when I didn't take a photo of some crafty things I have done. Guess I need to continue documenting so I can re-create things at some point. Just wanted to share a creative tangent today. And also I have to say that our hideous counters and poor lighting in the kitchen is a good lesson to move my kitchen items somewhere more becoming for photos.

3 comments:

lorlore said...

Great post, love crafting!!!!!!

Heidi Ann said...

I loved seeing all your stuff, too - pretty neat!

The Brittons said...

Thanks ladies! Quilting is easy when you use big squares!