Top Topics

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hiking with Owen

The American River is about a 5 minute drive from our house. Owen and I went a little further down the road to one of my favorite hiking spots. I haven't been since last summer, so it was so great to visit a place where I have spent many hours hiking. Owen is such an agreeable companion. We timed the trip between a feed and naps, so it was in the heat of the day. I dressed him in long sleeves in hopes of shielding him from the sun. The hat didn't stay on for long, but the backpack kept him pretty well shaded. I hiked quickly just in case Owen wanted to go back sooner than later. He had a blast, and even enjoyed the halfway point photo shoot. He especially liked the feel of the rocks and weeds. He wasn't a fan of his toes in the water, but it is pretty cold.




Owen is awake now, so best be on my way.

1 comment:

KS Petty said...

Adorable! I'm glad to hear you're out enjoying the world. Thanks for sharing the photos with us!