Top Topics

Friday, June 27, 2008

Tri-Time

In another attempt to voluntarily subject myself to extreme challenge, I completed another triathalon. This was at Rancho Seco Park, on a warm yet breezy Saturday morning! The swim was rough, the roughest swim I have EVER completed! The wind did not make for a calm serene lake. There were full on waves going over my head. But, that was that, and thank goodness to move on. It was a half-mile, but half-horrible! What I thought would take about 12 minutes took me about 20! Putting on my shoes, getting ready for the 16mile bike. It was out and back, with the wind continuing. I ranged from 13-23 MPH in the conditions. But, I would rather bike than swim in the wind. (I never knew that, training for the swim in the pool at the gym!) The bike took about an hour.
Off for my run, actually feeling good! Took one of those goo shots and I was ready! I was prepared for a 10 minute mile pace, but finished 3 miles in 26 minutes! Yay!
Overall, it was so much fun. I ended up getting 5th in my age group, and 158th out of 400. I was pleased with my performance, and not too tired. Hopefully I will do another one this summer. We'll see!!

No comments: