Top Topics

Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Wrestling Tournament


It has been one of my goals to see the boys in their sports, at least one game/match/meet a season. I was unable to catch any of them wrestling last year, so I had to make it this year around. Bryce and Michael are both in 8th grade, and Austin is in 7th at Pleasant Valley Middle School. (My alma- mater!)

Chris and I came up the hill to see some boys wrestle!! And that we did! It was a long day for the kids and parents, starting around 10am. We didn't show up until 4ish. I was thinking that we would have missed the whole match, but it didn't get over until after 8pm! Whew! Pictured above is cousin Michael and Aunt Lori.
Chris and Aunt Kim. (Both Uncle Brians were there, I just didn't get them on camera!!)
Here is Austin, looking fierce, wrestling one of his own teammates! They were hilarious to watch pre-match, as Austin was very serious and pensive, and his opponent was laughing, smiling, jumping up and down, and trying to get Austin to laugh!
Here is Bryce at his match. They wrestled for quite a while, but with no avail. It was fun to see you wrestle, Bryce.
This action shot is of Michael looking ready to pounce! He has the biggest heart, I thought it would be hard to watch him wrestle. But he was a great competitor himself. Way to go, Mike!

No comments: