Top Topics

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Summertime comes to an end

Summer ending means school and internship beginning. We have been referring to this summer as our last summer as kids. We have had such a great time, really enjoying each and every moment. The funny thing is, though, is that we are so excited to move on and begin our careers. Ok, I won't get too ahead of myself. But for Chris, he graduates from nursing in May, and I finish my Dietetic internship next August. So, we are almost there, and so thankful to have some wonderful people to support us!

Me, Court, Nicky, and Karli at a Southern Living Party.







Our new second Cousin Jack Lowery was born this summer! He lives in New York.
















The Grandparents took us out to The Olive Garden for Chris's Birthday.
















Chris and Court pose after a dinner at Mom's. We were laughing so hard all through dinner that I felt like I was having hot flashes! We enjoyed a walk around the circle before heading home.

















Court, Robert, Chris, and I went for a cycling jaunt around Lake Natoma. We got our sweat on, and then headed for lunch at Mikuni.


















This is the adorable Rylee Rudnicki. Her mom Kim is who got me into this blogger thing! Kim works with Chris at Kaiser, and Chris even sees John come into his work as well. They are a fun couple, we always have a lot in common with them. (Featured below at Sutter Street Grill in Folsom).




































I consider my greatest accomplishment this summer to be:
getting Lily to be excited about eating spinach! We made carrot sandwiches with spinach for "bread." She was into it, and she still asks me to make them for her!!


Chris's greatest accomplishment this summer:
Re-modelling our floors, baseboards, and door casing. This picture is before!
















Before......


















After!! Our house feels so much cleaner now, with the wood floors. Chris did it all himself, and refused the help of a few friends! He wanted to do something on his own, and it sure looks great.
Cheers to an eventful and blessed summer, and hope that our school year goes strong, healthy, and happy.
Will be interesting to see what we blog about when in school....Tune in!

2 comments:

Rudy said...

I love your new postings!!!!! I have been meaning to leave you guys a message earlier but kept getting distracted by Rylee!!! Now I am at work in the middle of the night without any distractions, go figure!!!!! You are such the photographer and I love what you have done with the place!!! It doesn't even look the same. Also, thanks for the congrats card, very thoughtful!!!!

The Brittons said...

Hey Kim, a delayed response for sure! I just checked this now! Hope that you are doing well, feeling good. Adding a new post now! THanks for showing me this blogger thing, it is great to share with the fam and friends.